- Category: Business Systems
- Based at: Loughborough, UK
- Line manager: Lead Business Systems Engineer
- Posted on: Wed 12 January, 2022
- Closing date: 5pm on Sun 23 January, 2022
About the role
In this key role within our Business Systems team, you will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and continuous improvement of Data Products and reports that support the Operational, Production, Development, and Research Teams:
- Maintain, develop, and suggest improvements to the current Data Products:
- File Move
- Data Mining (extraction) tools
- Asset Registration
- Manual Production Data Capture
- H2 Monitoring
- Shipping Process
- E-Cloud (ERP information and KPI Reporting)
- Maintain and identify and propose improvements to current Data Management structure for manual, semi-automatic and automatic production environment
- Develop Data Governance Policies
- Extract data, develop Reports, and support the analysis of data from different Business Systems:
- ERP – Operations, Sales, Engineering, Build (PL/SQL / API)
- Test & Validation
- Production Testing
- Support the development of a strategy for developing Data Products, the creation of new Data Products and the development of policies, processes, and procedures that improve uptake and interaction of the ERP system
You will hold a relevant computer science, mathematical or engineering based Batchelors degree (or equivalent) or have significant equivalent industrial experience.
The following experience is essential:
Data architecture from extract/capture through to visual reporting
- Building and maintaining simple webpages (primarily for displaying data)
Experience of working with Big Data services (Azure/AWS/etc.) and an understanding of a Manufacturing Executing System and/or Industry 4.0 is advantageous, as is experience of using an ERP system, preferably in a Manufacturing environment.
You will have the following skills, which are key to this role:
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Effective problem solving
- Positively challenge to drive meaningful change
- Commercial awareness in the context of data engineering
- Manage long-term projects whilst being reactive to unplanned work
- Clear and articulate communication of technical and non-technical information to technical and non-technical audiences
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
What we offer
At Intelligent Energy we offer the opportunity to work in a great team, with our world leading technology and cutting-edge products.
This salary on offer for this position will be up to £45,000 per annum based on skills and experience.
This role is based on site in our Loughborough facility.
We are able to accept applications from candidates who require visa sponsorship for this position.
We offer the following range of benefits:
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Life cover
- 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays with flexibility to buy or sell holidays each year
- Exclusive discounts at a wide range of high-street and online retailers
- A relocation allowance where required
- Reimbursement of professional memberships or subscriptions
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
Click here to find out more about what we offer.