Electrical & Electronics Development Technician
Function: Research & Product Development
- Category: Electrical & Electronics
- Based at: Loughborough, UK
- Line manager: Functional Lead, Electrical & Electronics
- Posted on: Thu 7 February, 2019
- Closing date: 4:12pm on Fri 22 February, 2019
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join the IE team and to apply your technical expertise in Electrical and Electronics to support the delivery of our product development programmes.
Working as part of a cross-programme team, you will be responsible for the on-time delivery of electrical and electronics work packages, developing prototypes of fuel cell systems and associated test systems.
Using a degree of innovation and technical judgement, you will interpret requirements and devise appropriate solutions for novel and complex problems, whilst ensuring adherence to all safety, customer and functional requirements, along with the relevant standards on electrical and electronic circuit and system manufacture.
You will hold a relevant vocational qualification in an electrical/electronic discipline or a time-served electrical/electronic apprenticeship.
You will be able to demonstrate your competence through appropriate experience within an industrial environment. This will include:
- Hands-on manufacture and re-working of PCBAs and electrical assemblies
- Building prototypes from rough sketches and with minimal direction
- Assessment and selection of suitable manufacturing processes
- Reading electrical drawings and schematics
- Reading mechanical drawings
What is key to us however, is that you have the ability to work with a flexible and solutions focused approach, in an agile and fast paced environment. You must also be able to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team. You will be innovative, with good attention to detail.
What we offer
At Intelligent Energy we offer the opportunity to work in a great team, with our world leading technology and cutting-edge products.
The salary for this position is up to £21,000 per annum based on skills and experience.
We offer a range of benefits, including:
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 3% employer contribution
- Private healthcare
- Life cover
- 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays with flexibility to buy or sell holidays each year
- Exclusive discounts at a wide range of high-street and online retailers
- Company paid seasonal flu vaccinations
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
We offer opportunities for learning, development and ongoing professional development. Our Exceptional Contribution Award and Peer-to-Peer Recognition schemes recognise and reward outstanding contributions of individuals and teams.
How to apply
To apply please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the subject line:
- A full CV and cover letter
- Details of your current notice period
- Current remuneration details
- Confirmation of your eligibility to work in the UK
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.