Operational Data Analyst (SQL/Power BI/ERP/Reporting)
- Category: Digital Transformation
- Based at: Loughborough, UK
- Line manager: Operations Director
- Posted on: Wed 1 September, 2021
- Closing date: 5pm on Fri 17 September, 2021
About the role
Working as part of our Digital Transformation team, you will build analytical capabilities to leverage accurate, timely data that drives reporting and analytics that generate insights and enable data driven decisions.
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining data pipeline architecture, assembly of large, complex data sets and implementation of internal process improvements, including: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
You will build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL/Non-SQL and Azure 'big data' technologies. You will build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline.
You will provide Data Dashboards assimilated from cross platform data to provide business metrics and insight. Oversight of Master Data policies management within our ERP system (IFS).
You will hold a relevant computer science, mathematical or engineering based Batchelors degree (or equivalent) or have significant relevant industrial experience.
The following experience is essential:
- Designing, building, administering, and interacting with SQL database systems
- Integrating with Microsoft products, including Office, SharePoint, Power BI online.
- The use of Power BI and Dax, Power Query and M, Visual Studio & MS BI Stack (SSIS) & Azure
- ERP (IFS preferable) data extraction and reporting for business analytics.
- Advanced Excel knowledge up to and including writing VBA
Experience with designing, building, administering, and interacting within Azure eco system would be advantageous.
You will have a natural desire to learn and embrace new technologies and their functionality and a good awareness of data architecture & design principles.
Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate technical issues to non-technical stakeholders is vital, as is a commercial mindset and the ability to work with a flexible and solutions focused approach, in an agile and fast paced environment.
What we offer
At Intelligent Energy we offer the opportunity to work in a great team, with our world leading technology and cutting-edge products.
The salary range for this position is £40,000 to £50,000 per annum based on skills and experience.
We offer a range of benefits, including:
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 4% employee and employer contribution
- Private healthcare
- Life cover
- 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays with flexibility to buy or sell holidays each year
- Exclusive discounts at a wide range of high-street and online retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company paid seasonal flu vaccinations
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
We offer opportunities for learning, development and ongoing professional development. Our Exceptional Contribution Award and Peer-to-Peer Recognition schemes recognise and reward outstanding contributions of individuals and teams.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, gender or gender expression, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age and any other protected characteristic.