Part Time Legal Counsel
Function: Finance, Legal & IT
- Category: Legal
- Based at: Loughborough, UK
- Line manager: Head of Legal & Company Secretary
- Posted on: Wed 26 May, 2021
- Closing date: 5pm on Fri 11 June, 2021
About the role
This varied role provides legal support to the business on a wide range of matters as well as managing external advisers and providing training and compliance support across various parts of the business.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and negotiating a broad range of contracts including supplier and customer agreements, distribution agreements multi-party collaboration agreements to IT, technology licensing and transfer agreements
- General legal and commercial advice in respect of key contractual clauses, cross-border issues, property leases, manufacturing contracts and general terms and conditions of trade. Many of our business contracts have an international element and often require bespoke drafting with an emphasis on intellectual property.
- You will also advise on litigation matters as well as the legal aspects of product launches and marketing events.
- You will maximise our legal governance through the provision of legal training and compliance support across the business.
You will be a qualified solicitor with post qualification experience in industry, with extensive experience in drafting commercial agreements. A high level of commercial awareness and a pragmatic approach is essential.
Experience of intellectual property and an international perspective are particularly advantageous.
It is key to us that you have a commercial mindset and the ability to work with a flexible and solutions focused approach, in an agile and fast paced environment. You must also be able to work collaboratively to tight deadlines and be an effective verbal and written communicator, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritise.
What we offer
At Intelligent Energy we offer the opportunity to work in a great team, with our world leading technology and cutting-edge products.
This salary on offer for this position based on skills and experience will be up to £37,000 per annum (this is the pro rata salary). The 24 hours can split across 3 to 5 days.
We offer a range of benefits, including:
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 4% employee and employer contribution
- Private healthcare
- Life cover
- 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays with flexibility to buy or sell holidays each year
- Exclusive discounts at a wide range of high-street and online retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company paid seasonal flu vaccinations
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
We offer opportunities for learning, development and ongoing professional development. Our Exceptional Contribution Award and Peer-to-Peer Recognition schemes recognise and reward outstanding contributions of individuals and teams.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, gender or gender expression, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age and any other protected characteristic.