Principal Manufacturing Engineer
- Category: Manufacturing Development
- Based at: Loughborough, UK
- Line manager: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Posted on: Wed 8 June, 2022
- Closing date: 5pm on Thu 30 June, 2022
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team at a pivotal time and to play a key role in taking our high-power aerospace products into volume production.
You will be responsible for leading the development of product manufacture, assembly equipment and process capabilities, with an initial focus on the trial and phased automation of our next generation aerospace high-power fuel cell technology. Responsibilities include:
- Lead the design, manufacture, build and testing of component handling, assembly and inspection equipment, including characterisation of new process capabilities.
- Lead the design, manufacture and testing of prototype fuel cell components and characterisation of their handling and assembly attributes.
- Work closely with the Research & Product Development Department and Supply Chain to embed DfX into component, sub-system and assembly designs, phased for low to high volume production requirements.
- Generation of visual and digital models for current and future assembly process, equipment and facility plans.
- Provision of manufacturing engineering expertise for equipment and component supplier selections. Engagement and management of suppliers for on time and to specification delivery with particular focus on automated assembly equipment provision and acceptance testing.
You will have substantial relevant industrial experience. This must include experience within an aerospace focussed manufacturing company operating with an AS9100 QMS. This can include, toolmaking / precision engineering, aerospace component design & manufacture, CNC milling and turning, CAD-CAM with 3D modelling and assembly equipment implementation.
You will have a track record of leading development and delivery of semi-automated and automated assembly equipment and processes. This will include demonstrable skills in manufacturing, build, testing and validation of solutions within an evolving and progressive industry.
You will be at ease working collaboratively within a results-oriented environment, whilst taking a high degree of ownership and accountability.
Comfortably fitting within an agile and fast paced, technology leading company, you will have a commercial mindset and the ability to work flexibly and with a solution focused approach.
What we offer
The salary on offer for this position will be up to £50,000 per annum based on skills and experience, the role may also be offered at Senior level.
This role is based on site in our Loughborough facility.
At Intelligent Energy we offer the opportunity to work in a great team, with our world leading technology and cutting-edge products.
We offer the following range of benefits:
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Life cover
- 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays with flexibility to buy or sell holidays each year
- Exclusive discounts at a wide range of high-street and online retailers
- A relocation allowance where required
- Reimbursement of professional memberships or subscriptions
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
Click here to find out more about what we offer.
We are a Home Office approved Skilled Worker visa sponsor.