Research Engineer I
Function: Research & Product Development
- Category: Fuel Cell and Stack
- Based at: Loughborough, UK
- Line manager: Head of Fuel Cell Research & Development
- Posted on: Wed 5 June, 2019
- Closing date: 5pm on Mon 24 June, 2019
About the role
Working as part of the Fuel Cell Research & Development team, you will conduct research into our class-leading fuel cell technology, both new and existing. You will be responsible for developing improved solutions, which feed into commercial products for use in applications ranging from stationary power, automotive and UAVs.
You will develop, test and characterise fuel cell stacks and components, including the analysis of results and production of technical reports and presentations.
You will hold a Batchelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline. A relevant post-graduate qualification would be advantageous.
You will have experience of laboratory working practices and experimental methods, within an academic environment. Experience of working within an industrial, high technology environment is desirable.
Knowledge of electrochemistry and electrochemical methods is preferred, as is an understanding of fuel cell design and operation.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are vital, as is the ability to analyse data and write reports. It is key to us that you have a commercial mindset and the ability to work with a flexible and solutions focused approach, in an agile and fast paced environment. You must also be able to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team alongside both technical and non-technical colleagues.
What we offer
At Intelligent Energy we offer the opportunity to work in a great team, with our world leading technology and cutting-edge products.
The salary for this position is up to £23,499 per annum based on skills and experience.
We offer a range of benefits, including:
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 4% employee and employer contribution
- Private healthcare
- Life cover
- 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays with flexibility to buy or sell holidays each year
- Exclusive discounts at a wide range of high-street and online retailers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company paid seasonal flu vaccinations
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
We offer opportunities for learning, development and ongoing professional development. Our Exceptional Contribution Award and Peer-to-Peer Recognition schemes recognise and reward outstanding contributions of individuals and teams.
How to apply
To apply please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the subject line:
- A full CV and cover letter
- Details of your current notice period
- Current remuneration details
- Confirmation of your eligibility to work in the UK
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.