Senior E&E Development Technician
Function: Research & Product Development
- Category: Electrical & Electronics
- Based at: Loughborough, UK
- Line manager: Electrical & Electronics Development Team Lead
- Posted on: Fri 5 August, 2022
- Closing date: 5pm on Fri 19 August, 2022
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and to apply your technical expertise in Electrical and Electronics to support the delivery of our product development programmes.
Working as part of a cross-programme team, you will be responsible for the on-time delivery of electrical and electronics work packages, developing prototypes of fuel cell systems and associated test systems.
Using innovation and your technical judgement, you will interpret requirements and devise appropriate solutions for novel and complex problems, whilst ensuring adherence to all safety, customer and functional requirements, along with the relevant standards on electrical and electronic circuit and system manufacture.
You will hold a relevant vocational qualification in an electrical/electronic discipline or a time-served electrical/electronic apprenticeship.
You will be able to demonstrate your competence through appropriate experience within an industrial environment. This will include:
- Hands-on manufacture and re-working of PCBAs (Surface Mount Technology), electrical harnesses and electrical assemblies
- Building prototypes from rough sketches and with minimal direction
- Assessment and selection of suitable manufacturing processes
- Reading electrical drawings and schematics
- Reading mechanical drawings
- Using a multi-meter and other electrical tools
It is key to us however, is that you have the ability to work with a flexible and solutions focused approach, in an agile and fast paced environment. You must also be able to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team. You will be innovative, with good attention to detail.
What we offer
The salary on offer for this position is up to £34,000 per annum based on skills and experience.
This role is based on site in our Loughborough facility.
At Intelligent Energy we offer the opportunity to work in a great team, with our world leading technology and cutting-edge products.
We offer the following range of benefits:
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Life cover
- 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays with flexibility to buy or sell holidays each year
- Exclusive discounts at a wide range of high-street and online retailers
- A relocation allowance where required
- Reimbursement of professional memberships or subscriptions
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
Click here to find out more about what we offer.
We are a Home Office approved Skilled Worker visa sponsor.