Senior or Principal Manufacturing Engineer
- Category: Manufacturing Development
- Based at: Loughborough, UK
- Line manager: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Posted on: Fri 9 October, 2020
- Closing date: 5pm on Fri 23 October, 2020
About the role
Working as part of our Operations team, you will be responsible for leading the development of product manufacture, assembly equipment and process capabilities, with an initial focus on the trial and phased automation of our next generation automotive high-power fuel cell technology. Responsibilities include:
- Design, manufacture, build and testing of component handling, assembly and inspection equipment, including characterisation of new process capabilities.
- Design, manufacture and testing of prototype fuel cell components and characterisation of their handling and assembly attributes.
- Working closely with the Research & Product Development Department and Supply Chain to embed DfX into component, sub-system and assembly designs, phased for low to high volume production requirements.
- Generation of visual and digital models for current and future assembly process, equipment and facility plans.
- Provision of manufacturing engineering expertise for equipment and component supplier selections. Engagement and management of suppliers for on time and to specification delivery with particular focus on automated assembly equipment provision and acceptance testing.
You will have substantial relevant industrial experience. This may include, toolmaking / precision engineering, automotive component design & manufacture, CNC milling and turning, CAD-CAM with 3D modelling and automotive assembly equipment implementation.
You will have a track record of leading development and delivery of semi-automated and automated assembly equipment and processes. This will include demonstrable skills in manufacturing, build, testing and validation of solutions within an evolving and progressive industry.
You will be at ease working collaboratively within a results-oriented environment, whilst taking a high degree of ownership and accountability.
Comfortably fitting within an agile and fast paced, technology leading company, you will have a commercial mindset and the ability to work flexibly and with a solution focused approach.
What we offer
At Intelligent Energy we offer the opportunity to work in a great team, with our world leading technology and cutting-edge products.
This position will be at either Senior or Principal grade, dependant on experience. At senior grade the salary range is £32,000 - £42,999. At Principal grade the salary range is £43,000 - £48,000.
We offer a range of benefits, including:
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 4% employee and employer contribution
- Private healthcare
- Life cover
- 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays with flexibility to buy or sell holidays each year
- Exclusive discounts at a wide range of high-street and online retailers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company paid seasonal flu vaccinations
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
We offer opportunities for learning, development and ongoing professional development. Our Exceptional Contribution Award and Peer-to-Peer Recognition schemes recognise and reward outstanding contributions of individuals and teams.
How to apply
To apply please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the subject line:
- A full CV
- Details of your current notice period
- Current remuneration details
- Confirmation of your eligibility to work in the UK
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.