Senior Product Cost Engineer
Function: Product Delivery
- Category: Manufacturing Development
- Based at: Loughborough, UK
- Line manager: Operations Director
- Posted on: Thu 7 February, 2019
- Closing date: 11:30am on Tue 12 February, 2019
About the role
Working as part of our Manufacturing Development team you will play a key role in the creation, maintenance and reporting of product cost and capital expenditure models.
- Create and maintain product cost models to support new product development, introduction and volume ramp, including component manufacture, assembly and test.
- Create and maintain product development capital expenditure (CapEx) models and report on progress from a financial perspective.
- Coordinate the continuous updating of product cost models throughout the NPI process.
- Create should cost modelling analysis for new component and product development, including cost associated with global supply flows and supporting supply chain development.
- Support the cost reduction process through the analysis of opportunities to understand the likelihood, impact and therefore priority of such options.
- Ensure that the design process and the Engineering teams understand and incorporate DfX principles from a cost perspective.
- Provide cost analysis as required to aid in the supply chain decision making process and presentation to Customers of cost build-up, reduction and volume scenario projections.
You will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant field such as engineering, finance or business.
You will have experience of developing component and product cost estimates, along with financial analysis and product cost modelling.
You will have a proven track record in cost reduction and manufacturing process improvement and will seek out opportunities for process improvement and cost reduction.
It is key to us that you have excellent communication skills and good attention to detail. You will be able to work cross-functionally with a flexible and solutions focused approach, in a dynamic and fast paced environment. You will have a good level of computer literacy.
What we offer
At Intelligent Energy we offer the opportunity to work in a great team, with our world leading technology and cutting-edge products.
In addition to a competitive salary we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 3% employer contribution
- Private healthcare
- Life cover
- 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays with flexibility to buy or sell holidays each year
- Exclusive discounts at a wide range of high-street and online retailers
- Company paid seasonal flu vaccinations
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
We offer opportunities for learning, development and ongoing professional development. Our Exceptional Contribution Award and Peer-to-Peer Recognition schemes recognise and reward outstanding contributions of individuals and teams.
How to apply
To apply please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the subject line:
- A full CV and cover letter
- Details of your current notice period
- Current remuneration details
- Confirmation of your eligibility to work in the UK
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.