Senior Test Rig Development Engineer
Function: Research & Product Development
- Category: Test & Validation
- Based at: Loughborough, UK
- Line manager: Test & Validation Manager
- Posted on: Thu 19 May, 2022
- Closing date: 5pm on Thu 30 June, 2022
About the role
Working as part of the Product Development team, you will apply your mechanical & electrical engineering expertise in the design and development of product development, life cycle, and end of line test rigs to meet engineering requirements, taking the design through from concept drawings to commissioning and sign off. The products tested on these rigs will range from small portable power devices, through automotive power modules to industrial power systems.
You will work with technical/programme managers and end-users to define the rig requirements and plan the timing & scheduling of new test rig build programmes. Throughout the planning and build phases you will regularly update the relevant stakeholders to ensure that the rigs are delivered on time to the project scheduled milestones.
You will deliver Work Packages within the Test Rig Team, and implement engineering expertise in the design, development, build, commissioning and maintenance of test rigs, to ensure that all rigs are built to the highest standards of safe, repeatable, reliable and ergonomic equipment design, with reference to all applicable quality standards.
You will be responsible for change management during engineering documentation updates, to ensure that configuration control is maintained, and best practice/lessons learned are recorded and shared effectively amongst peers. You will work with the Software & Controls engineering team to integrate the electro-mechanical test rig systems with the control and safety software.
You will ensure appropriate level of integrity of technical reporting is attained and maintained, Health & Safety protocols are enforced and adhered to in all test activities. You will write, review and approve User Manuals, Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
You will hold a BEng, BSc (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, or possess a relevant
non-degree level qualification alongside suitable industrial experience. Typically, you will have around 5 years of relevant industrial experience post completion of your degree. Membership of a relevant professional body, with chartered status is advantageous, as is evidence of technical and/or leadership development.
You will have demonstrable experience in;
- The specification, design, build & commissioning of safe, reliable and repeatable product development, life cycle, and end-of-line test equipment.
- Designing electro-mechanical automated test rigs in an industrial high technology environment implementing.
- Producing electro-mechanical system drawings, schematics and layouts.
- Planning & scheduling of new test rig build programmes to ensure that they are delivered on time to the project scheduled milestones to National and International Standards.
- Updating & reporting progress to the relevant stakeholders regularly throughout the planning and build phases
- Solution-focused professional with an innovative approach to problem solving using lean techniques (such as SMED) would be advantageous
It is key to us that you have a commercial mindset and the ability to work with a flexible and solutions focused approach, in an agile and fast paced environment. You must also be able to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team alongside both technical and non-technical colleagues. As such, excellent communication skills are vital.
What we offer
The salary on offer for this position is up to £46,000 per annum based on skills and experience.
This role is based on site in our Loughborough facility.
At Intelligent Energy we offer the opportunity to work in a great team, with our world leading technology and cutting-edge products.
We offer the following range of benefits:
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Life cover
- 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays with flexibility to buy or sell holidays each year
- Exclusive discounts at a wide range of high-street and online retailers
- A relocation allowance where required
- Reimbursement of professional memberships or subscriptions
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
Click here to find out more about what we offer.
We are a Home Office approved Skilled Worker visa sponsor.