Simulation & Modelling Engineer
Function: Research & Product Development
- Category: Software and Controls
- Based at: Loughborough, UK
- Line manager: Functional Lead, Software & Controls
- Posted on: Thu 7 November, 2019
- Closing date: 5pm on Fri 29 November, 2019
About the role
Working as part of the Product Development team, you will apply simulation and modelling skills to lead the design, implementation, validation and documentation of simulations and models for Fuel Cell Systems, Fuel Cells and components for use in applications ranging from small portable power devices to motive and industrial power systems.
- Development of numerical models using Matlab, Simulink and Stateflow alongside other simulation tools, to be used for control strategy verification and performance forecasting.
- Technical evaluation of allocated project activities, including the identification of problem areas and deviations and clarification of these through effective communication with the project manager and relevant engineers
- Work closely with other teams to ensure models and other outputs meet the desired requirements to obtain correct validation data for control strategy verification and performance forecasting
- Development of component plant models for the validation of control strategies
- Prepare project documentation as required, including functional specifications, software design documents, user manuals, and reports
- Contribute to longer term simulation and modelling strategy of technical development
You will hold a BEng, BSc (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, or possess a relevant non-degree level qualification alongside suitable industrial experience. Membership of a relevant professional body, progressing towards chartered status is advantageous.
You will have demonstrable relevant industrial experience in the use of Matlab, Simulink and Stateflow for the development of engineering models.
You will have proven experience of working independently on delivering model-based solutions and in building model specifications from functional requirements.
You will have been responsible for documentation generation, reporting and the communication of results.
You will have proven capability of delivering work packages on time and to commercial and technical requirements.
It is key to us that you have a commercial mindset and the ability to work with a flexible and solutions focused approach, in an agile and fast paced environment. You must also be able to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team alongside both technical and non-technical colleagues. As such, excellent communication skills are vital.
What we offer
At Intelligent Energy we offer the opportunity to work in a great team, with our world leading technology and cutting-edge products.
This position will be at either Senior or Principal grade, dependant on experience. At senior grade the salary range is £32,000 - £42,999 per annum. At Principal grade the salary range is £43,000 - £48,000 per annum.
We offer a range of benefits, including:
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 4% employee and employer contribution
- Private healthcare
- Life cover
- 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays with flexibility to buy or sell holidays each year
- Exclusive discounts at a wide range of high-street and online retailers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company paid seasonal flu vaccinations
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
We offer opportunities for learning, development and ongoing professional development. Our Exceptional Contribution Award and Peer-to-Peer Recognition schemes recognise and reward outstanding contributions of individuals and teams.
How to apply
To apply please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the subject line:
- A full CV and cover letter
- Details of your current notice period
- Current remuneration details
- Confirmation of your eligibility to work in the UK
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.