Technical Lead, Automotive
Function: Research & Product Development
- Category: Engineering
- Based at: Loughborough, UK
- Line manager: Head of EC Product Development
- Posted on: Mon 27 July, 2020
- Closing date: 5pm on Fri 7 August, 2020
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the development of high-power fuel cell products for automotive applications. This will include managing the product development through its lifecycle process from strategic planning to customer release. You will provide continuous technical leadership to the assigned resource team.
Main duties include:
- Translation of customer / market requirements to derive product requirements
- Leading the design work and associated trade studies to develop an optimum product architecture
- Responsibility for the design and validation of the product, following the gated product development process
- Supporting the definition of the future automotive technology direction
- Ensuring that technical risks to programme delivery are assessed and factored into the proposition and work programme
- Technical leadership of a multi-disciplinary product development team, responsible for all engineering deliverables whilst ensuring engineering best practice is adopted and maintained
- Working closely with the Programme Management, Commercial and Research teams to ensure products are delivered on time, attain commercial requirements, are reliable and meet relevant safety standards and certification requirements.
You will hold a BEng, BSc (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline, or a relevant non-degree level qualification with equivalent industrial experience. Chartered status with a relevant professional body is advantageous, as is evidence of further professional learning in the fields of leadership and/or engineering.
You will have experience of delivering electrified powertrain programs engineering e.g. battery electric, full hybrid, range extended etc. alongside experience of automotive OEM technology and vehicle development processes.
You will have proven experience of technical leadership of engineering programmes at a senior level, cradle to grave and be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver a major programme of work.
You will be able to demonstrate experience in requirements capture and specification of components with an automotive system and be knowledgeable in the integration of mechanical and electrical systems at vehicle level.
You will have excellent customer/partner relationship management skills.
A working knowledge of fuel cell systems is advantageous but not essential.
It is key to us that you have a commercial mindset and the ability to work with a flexible and solutions focused approach, in an agile and fast paced environment. You must also be able to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team alongside both technical and non-technical colleagues. As such, excellent communication skills are vital.
What we offer
At Intelligent Energy we offer the opportunity to work in a great team, with our world leading technology and cutting-edge products.
The salary for this position based on skills and experience will be up to £60,000 per annum.
We offer a range of benefits, including:
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 4% employee and employer contribution
- Private healthcare
- Life cover
- 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays with flexibility to buy or sell holidays each year
- Exclusive discounts at a wide range of high-street and online retailers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company paid seasonal flu vaccinations
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
We offer opportunities for learning, development and ongoing professional development. Our Exceptional Contribution Award and Peer-to-Peer Recognition schemes recognise and reward outstanding contributions of individuals and teams.
How to apply
To apply please email the following to email@example.com stating the job title in the subject line:
- A full CV and cover letter
- Details of your current notice period
- Current remuneration details
- Confirmation of your eligibility to work in the UK
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.