Test & Validation Engineer
Function: Research & Product Development
- Category: Test & Validation
- Based at: Loughborough, UK
- Line manager: Test & Validation Manager
- Posted on: Wed 11 May, 2022
- Closing date: 5pm on Tue 31 May, 2022
About the role
A great opportunity to make a difference in the zero-carbon power generation technology of hydrogen fuel cells. Working as part of the Product Development team, you will apply Test & Validation engineering skills to support the design and development of commercial products covering applications across UAVs, MHE, portable and stationary power, automotive and aviation.
You will be responsible for conducting assigned Test & Validation work packages and supporting a product development programme.
This role includes:
- Recording and following defined test methods and work instructions to suit product requirements, functionality and safety of the validation plan
- Operating and maintaining assigned test equipment
- Performing product validation activities (including endurance, environmental, robustness and certification testing) to meet project milestones
- Generating, analysing and reporting test results in technical reports, using statistical tools to define the predicted reliability and confidence of the product
- Participating in failure root cause analysis and product quality investigations
You will hold a BEng, BSc (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, and will normally have 2 years’ relevant experience of laboratory or industrial experience.
You will have proven technical capability and be able to demonstrate experience of:
- Product verification & validation testing, test reporting and data analysis
- Experience in experimental methods in a technical, scientific environment
- Delivering work packages to technical & commercial requirements on time
- Experience working within quality systems and to safe working practices
- Troubleshooting faults to test methodology and product performance
- Problem solving and experimental methods (for example 8D, 6 Sigma, DMAIC, etc) in a product development environment
Knowledge of key Validation principles such as reliability growth, accelerated life testing and statistical analysis is also extremely beneficial.
A key skill is the ability to predict and understand the stresses and environments that a product will be subjected to in real world usage, and design tests to simulate these conditions in controlled laboratory environment.
It is key to us that you have a commercial mindset and the ability to work with a flexible and solutions focused approach, in an agile and fast paced environment. You must also be able to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team alongside both technical and non-technical colleagues. As such, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are vital.
What we offer
The position could either be at Engineer I or Engineer II grade, the salary on offer for Engineer I is up to £28,000 per annum and for Engineer II up to £35,000 per annum based on skills and experience.
This role is based on site in our Loughborough facility.
At Intelligent Energy we offer the opportunity to work in a great team, with our world leading technology and cutting-edge products.
We offer the following range of benefits:
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Life cover
- 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays with flexibility to buy or sell holidays each year
- Exclusive discounts at a wide range of high-street and online retailers
- A relocation allowance where required
- Reimbursement of professional memberships or subscriptions
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
Click here to find out more about what we offer.