IE-SOAR™ 1.2kW is part of our lightweight hydrogen fuel cell product range for UAV applications. Our zero-emission fuel cell modules provide a unique solution to extend flight times to drones presently constrained by the limitations of batteries.
Our air-cooled (AC) fuel cell technology runs on hydrogen and ambient air to produce clean DC power in a cost effective, robust and lightweight package. The modules have a higher energy to mass ratio than batteries, enabling UAVs to be refuelled in minutes.
By replacing the battery with a fuel cell power module, flight durations of over three times can be achieved. The modules are scalable and can be integrated into your UAV platform without compromising payload placement, providing a natural solution for a wide range of industries using multi-rotor, fixed wing or proprietary designed UAVs.
- Enable previously impossible applications – your business is no longer constrained by flight time.
- Unlock BVLOS operations – BVLOS makes sense with the range provided by fuel cells.
- Increase operational efficiency – spend more time in the air and achieve more.
Our IE-SOAR 1.2kW modules deliver zero-emission power and can work in parallel to reach higher power outputs.
- Direct battery replacement – 12S to 16S compatible, automatically follows load demand just like a battery.
- Designed for safety and reliability – Single point failure tolerant and with built in power system redundancy.
- Modular – Combine systems in parallel higher power systems.
Fuel cells vs. internal combustion engines
- Clean & zero-emission
- Near silent operation
- Reduced maintenance & no moving parts. No tuning
Fuel cells vs. batteries
- Increased flight time
- Faster refuelling
- Built in power system redundancy
- Parcel delivery
- Linear Inspection
- Civil Inspection
- Military Surveillance
- LiDAR and Mapping