IE-SOAR™ 1.2 is part of our lightweight hydrogen fuel cell product range for UAV applications. Our zero-emission fuel cell modules provide a unique solution to extend flight times to drones presently constrained by the limitations of batteries.
Our air-cooled (AC) PEM fuel cell technology runs on hydrogen and ambient air to produce clean DC power in a cost effective, robust and lightweight package. The modules have a higher energy to mass ratio than batteries, enabling UAVs to be refuelled in minutes.
By replacing the battery with hydrogen fuel cell power modules, flight durations of over three times can be achieved. The modules are scalable and can be integrated into your UAV platform without compromising payload placement, providing a natural solution for a wide range of industries using multi-rotor, fixed wing or proprietary designed UAVs.
- Enable previously impossible applications – your business is no longer constrained by flight time.
- Unlock BVLOS operations – BVLOS makes sense with the range provided by fuel cells.
- Increase operational efficiency – spend more time in the air and achieve more.
Our IE-SOAR 1.2 modules deliver zero-emission power and can work in parallel to reach higher power outputs.
Benefits of hydrogen fuel cells
- Direct battery replacement – 12S to 16S compatible, automatically follows load demand just like a battery.
- Designed for safety and reliability – Single point failure tolerant and with built in power system redundancy.
- Modular – Combine systems in parallel higher power systems.
Fuel cells vs. internal combustion engines
- Clean & zero-emission
- Near silent operation
- Reduced maintenance & no moving parts. No tuning
Fuel cells vs. batteries
- Increased flight time
- Faster refuelling
- Built in power system redundancy
- Parcel delivery
- Linear Inspection
- Civil Inspection
- Military Surveillance
- LiDAR and Mapping