IE-SOAR™ 2.4kW is our lightweight hydrogen fuel cell module for fixed wing, rotary wing and VTOL UAV applications, where battery technology restricts flight time. Our fuel cell technology runs on hydrogen and ambient air to produce clean DC power in a cost effective, robust and lightweight package. The modules have a higher energy to mass ratio than batteries, enabling UAVs to fly further for longer and achieve more.
Flight durations of over three times that provided by batteries have been achieved and therefore, fuel cells provide a natural solution for manufacturers moving to larger UAVs and heavier payloads.
- Enable previously impossible applications – your business is no longer constrained by flight time.
- Unlock BVLOS operations – BVLOS makes sense with the range provided by fuel cells.
- Increase operational efficiency – spend more time in the air and achieve more.
Our IE-SOAR 2.4kW fuel cell modules deliver clean power from 800W up to 2.4kW with the capability of systems working in parallel to reach higher power outputs. This power range allows us to target a wider range of applications such as mapping and LiDAR, to linear inspection and defence.
- Direct battery replacement – 12S to 16S compatible, automatically follows load demand just like a battery.
- Designed for safety and reliability – Single point failure tolerant and with built in power system redundancy.
- Modular – Combine systems in parallel for 800W to 10kW systems.
Fuel cells vs. internal combustion engines
- Clean & zero-emission
- Near silent operation
- Reduced maintenance & no moving parts. No tuning
Fuel cells vs. batteries
- Increased flight time
- Faster refuelling
- Built in power system redundancy
- Parcel delivery
- Linear Inspection
- Civil Inspection
- Military Surveillance
- LiDAR and Mapping